Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Drive, Chat, and Meet — Google Workspace Apps have made collaboration more thrilling. Find a cozy cafe and write your article or report on your smartphone. While you’re at it, explore some Google Workspace Apps Tips and Tricks to get you ahead.
Google Workspace Apps Tips and Tricks
Gmail is Google’s cloud-based email service that allows you to access your messages from any computer or device with just a web browser.
Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Create and use labels
Choose More in the label list, scroll down, and select Create new label. Enter your new label name, and click Create.
- Create an event from Gmail and view it in Calendar
Open a message and select the More action. Select Create event from the menu. A new event details window will open in a new browser tab. Note how the event subject, description and guests auto populate from the message.
- Create a personal contact and group
- Create a new email signature
- Enable an Out-of-Office automatic reply
- Create a canned response template
With Google Calendar, you always know what’s next. Schedule meetings and events and get reminders about upcoming activities. Google Calendar is designed for teams, so it’s easy to share your schedule with others and create multiple calendars that you and your team can use together.
Google Calendar Tips and Tricks
- Add a guest and attach a file from Google Drive
- Use Google Calendar Search
- Mark yourself out of office and set a reminder
- Create and modify an event
- Share Calendar
Google Drive is Google’s cloud-based file storage service. Google Drive lets you keep all your work in one place, view different file formats without the need for additional software, and access your files from any device.
Google Drive Tips and Tricks
- Add members to a shared drive
- Create templates
With Google Docs, your documents are stored in the cloud, and you can access them from any computer or device. You create and edit documents right in your web browser; no special software is required. Even better, multiple people can work simultaneously you can see people’s changes as they make them, and every change is saved automatically.
Google Docs Tips and Tricks
- Integrate with Gmail and Chat
- Use Comments and Assign Actions
Create and showcase professional presentations for sales, projects, training modules, and more. Google Slides presentations are stored safely in the cloud. You build presentations right in your web browsers. Even better, multiple people can collaborate on your slides simultaneously. You can see people’s changes as they make them, and every change is automatically saved.
Google Slides Tips and Tricks
- Use themes and lay-outs
Select Theme to open the theme browser panel.
- Add speaker notes
Each slide can be accompanied by speaker notes. Speaker notes are additional information that is visible only to the presenter during a presentation.
- Enhance Slides with images, tables, and animations
Google Meet & Chat
Google’s video conference and chat software are included with Google Workspace.
Google Meet & Chat Tips and Tricks
- Schedule a video conference event
- Add participants through an active meeting
- Live stream through Google Meet
- Add a meeting agenda in Google Doc
- Create Group Chat and Chat Rooms
Explore Google Workspace with 01 Remote